Vision & Message
Shri Mahant Devendra Daas Ji
Darbar Saheb Jhanda Mohalla, Dehradun
- M.Sc. Nursing (2 Yrs)|
- Basic B.Sc. Nursing (4 Yrs)
- Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (2 Yrs)
- GNM (3 years)
- ANM (2 years)
PRINCIPAL, College of Nursing|
Patel Nagar, Dehradun-248001,
Phone No: +91-135-2522110, 2522104, 2522111, 2522112, 2522113
Fax No: +91-135-2720151, 2522111
The SGRRIM&HS, College of Nursing, is approved by Government of Uttarakhand and to affiliated to H.N. Bahuguna Garhwal University (A Central University), Srinagar (Uttarakhand). It is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
The philosophy of the College of Nursing is based on the following beliefs:
- The purpose of nursing education is to integrate the technical and practical knowledge with a holistic and compassionate perspective of humanity and human relationships, also the harmonious development of the physical, mental and spiritual powers of individual to help him/her to reach his/her highest potentials for health.
- The College of Nursing is committed to provide high quality education based on core professional values, integrating the theory of arts and sciences for expert preparation in the knowledge and clinical skills of professional nursing to qualified individuals who must be prepared and empowered to confront the healthcare demands of a complex and dynamic society.
- The College of Nursing is focused to produce professional nurse leaders among health-care professionals in promoting health, preventing diseases, and healing illness among persons and population and enable nurses to enact as stewards for healthcare within local, national and global communities.
The primary goal of the nursing programmes at SGRRIM&HS College of Nursing is to prepare and train a student who reflects the following:
- Caring - Applies and integrates caring behaviour that would demonstrate respect for individuality of others.
- Healthcare - To demonstrate the knowledge and skill required to enhance health care to individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Communication - To achieve mutually defined goals through communication with patients and in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Environment - Synthesize information that relates to the internal and external environmental factors for use in the clinical decision-making process.
- Culture - Create cultural concepts to solve complex problems in the provision of culturally sensitive nursing care to individuals, groups, families and communities.
- Competency - Demonstrates the use of knowledge and acquired nursing skills to provide safe and effective therapeutic nursing interventions in diverse settings.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrates the incorporation of critical thinking into the nursing process and applies research findings to formulate and implement complex decisions in all aspects of nursing care.
- Learning-Teaching - Develops and conducts appropriate learning-teaching activities to meet the health needs of individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Professionalism of people - Analyzes the interaction of ethical, legal and political factors upon nursing care policy at all levels of practice and demonstrates behaviors which would reflect professional responsibility and accountability.
The main objectives of the College of Nursing:
- Utilize the domains of Nursing to provide clinically competent and culturally sensitive nursing care to diverse patients/clients, families, groups, and communities in a variety of settings.
- Utilize a variety of strategies to increase self-awareness and self-empowerment.
- Practice nursing in a manner that reflects caring as the essence of profession/programme.
- Practice nursing within established ethical and legal boundaries.
- Engage in nursing practices that reflect a holistic view of self and others and respect for diverse cultures.
- Participate in activities of the nursing profession as well as activities that benefit the global community.
- Work collaboratively with patients, families, communities, interdisciplinary health team’s members and others in providing nursing care.
- Communicate effectively, orally in writing and electronically using appropriate verbal and non-verbal techniques.
- Recognize issues and trends which affect the multidimensional professional nursing role.
- Conduct research and utilization of research findings in nursing care.